To: All College Students in Illinois
This Spring, help change the culture and the conversation about sexual assault and domestic violence by adding your unique voice. Join men and women on college campuses across Illinois in the Chicago Says No More social media campaign to raise awareness about the epidemic of sexual assault on college campuses, including yours.
Together, we can end the silence and shame and start working for a solution.
Did you know?
- 1 in 5 women and 1 in 16 men are sexually assaulted while they are college students
- 19 out of 20 college sexual assault victims never report the assault
- Consent for sexual activity cannot be subject to interpretation. Our language must be clearer. Consent is voluntary, freely given, never coerced and can be withdrawn at any time. The fact is that incapacitation from drugs or alcohol negates someone’s ability to give legal consent. To be capable of giving consent, every person needs to be sober enough to know what’s going on. Consent cannot be assumed or implied.
Participation in this campaign is simple
Download a sign template below
- Add your own message about non-consent
(Example: “Partying doesn’t mean….I SAID YES!”)
- Hold your sign
- Take a selfie
- Post it on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #DoesntMeanItsOk
- Be sure to tag Chicago Says No More
- Facebook Chicago Says No More
- Twitter @CSNMDVSA
- Instagram @chicagosaysnomore
Take a minute to join more than 2,750 individuals who have taken the Chicago Says No More pledge at ChicagoSaysNoMore.org